SAVE THE DATES
Funko POP Marvel Bath Time Deadpool Exclusive 114 Vinyl Bobble-Head by OPP Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership SHYPwM Pet Bed for Cat Bed with Backrest and Small Medium Dogs Puppy Soft Pet Nest Sofa Bed Sleeping Bag Cushion (color Brown, Size 95x75x24CM)
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman 1Set 8-Channel 8CH Remote Control Kit 3V-6V 2.4Ghz Transmitter + Receiver Module for RC Model Car Boats 130 180 Brushed Motor orange: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Bobcat Compact T550 Track Loader 1 25 by Bobcat 6989079 by Bobcat
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Fashion SofacoverTight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sofa Sofa Towel Elastic Couch Cover Single Two Three Four-Seater 10, Single-seat
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Cow 95 (Fit Height 40.5\ IUMN Kids Costume Halloween Hooded Jumpsuit with PocketsSimulation Spare Fuel Tank Spare tire Tank for for 1 10 RC Crawler Car Traxxas TRX4 Ford Bronco D90 D110 Axial Scx10 90046 RC4WDHoney MoMo Quadcopter,CG033 4CH Brushless FPV Quadcopter RC Helicopter Foldable Altitude Hold Drone - No Camera
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Hang Lung Tank Germany 3818-1 Super Parts Chassis with Cover Shock Absorber Track Mobile Platform DIY Crawler CarMagic the Gathering - Surgical Extraction (099 249) - Modern Masters 2015Desert Walker ultralight 2-4-person folding portable-type wind prevent water prevention camping tent (yellow)Kaiaki Anyilon for Global Drone Gw26 Selfie FPV Rc 2.4G Rc Quadcopter Drone Aircraft with 1080P WiFi Camera 20Mins Long Flight,White,1080p
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Elati ofa Over ofa Lip heap otton ofa for Lig Room ofa lipover ofa 1 2 3 4 Eater 07, Four Eater Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Lsxlsd Toy Model Marvel Deadly Guardian Anti-Hero Black Spider Venom Decoration Model
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Plan Toys Activity Series Modern Vehicle (colors May Vary) by PlanToys
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Ivory Expo International Products, Ocean bluee, 10 yd.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Jigsaw Puzzle 300 Pieces 14.5 X20.5 Village On The Bay
- Yellow 4x9m LPKH Tarpaulin Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Truck Canvas PVC Waterproof Tarp Ground Sheet Cover Waterproof Cover (color Yellow, Size 6x10M)
- Soild color Spandex Stretch Slipcovers Sofa Cover Elastic All-Inclusive Removable Couch Case Cover for Living Room Home Decor 10, Three-Seater
- HALF AGE GIRLS Precure 8pcs
- Generic Large RC Car 1 10 High Speed Racing Car for Mitsubishi Championship 2.4G 4WD Radio Control Sport Drift Racing Electronic Toy Black
- Superstar BiMetal Professional Yoyo by YoYoFactory color bluee
- Shinano Railway Series 169 (Formation S51 S52 Shonan Colour) (Model Train)
- Maglev Magnetic 6 bluee Globe Platform Learning Education Home Decor - Model DQ001
- Thomas Kinkade Painter of Light Hometown Memories by Ceaco
- Marvin's Magic Amazing Magic Tricks Set 3
- FiguWorld Figucase Collect Showcase for Lego Series 71019 Minifigures Series Ninjago Movie
- Gaogaigar G-14 DX Chodokyu combined Kingujeida
- ALIREA Zebra Textures Super Soft Warm Blanket Lightweight Throw Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch for Kids Boys Girls
- Sportagraphs Richard Krajicek Signed Autograph Tennis Ball Luxury Display Case Sport & COA PERFECT GIFT
- Light Weight 10oz Fabric Material Ogilvie of Airlie Ancient Tartan 1 Metre
- 3PV-R314SBE-S9570SV MC331 (Racing Pack (4ch antenna built-in receiver) T3PV (T-FHSS) R314SB-E (T-FHSS) MC331CR + S9570SV set with 1) 00008487-3
- LEGO Juniors Ariel's Dolphin Carriage 10723
- Scrabble Premium Deluxe Wood Edition with Storage Cabinet
- Joy Carpets Kid Essentials Infants & Toddlers Oval Seeing Spots Rug, Bold, 0.9m x 1.5m
- Generic High Simulation 1 32 Isazu NHR Pickup Truck Engineering Vehicles Alloy Metal Pull Back Music Flash Toy Vehicles Kids Toys Gifts
- Kid Backpack Cat Dog Print Stylish Canvas Men Women Teenagers Boys Girls Black Casual Daypacks, Laptop Backpack, Bookbags, Casual Bag, School Backpacks - for College, Travelling, Weekend Trip, Hiking
- 5010 Brushless Motor 340KV 280KV for Agriculture UAV RC Plane Brushless Outrunner Motor 1 4 pcs KV280
- YYF Kids Rolling Backpack Trolley Schoolbag Shoulder Bag With Wheels
- Elegant Sexy Super High Heel Platform High Heel Belt Buckle Sandals Ladies Retro Summer Women's shoes High Heels fashionable
- Aero-Passion Airbus A380-800 - large mahogany model - aircrafts collection
- Prismacolor Premier colord Pencil, French Grey 70% (3450) by Sanford
- KUBRICK Kaoru Inoue & BE@RBRICK SP 2figures
- Winging Womens Multi colord Daisy Flowers Aesthetic Image Retro Suede Casual shoes Old Skool Sneakers
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Olive Kids Butterfly Garden 5 pc Bed in a Bag - Twin, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Size 9 da Vinci Watercolor Series 1310 Maestro Paint Brush, Size 20 to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email Slipcovers Sofa Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant sectional Elastic Full Sofa Cover Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater 20, Four seat Sofa or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Star Wars Titainium Die Cast General Grievous Action FigureOfuro skiing Let made Wearing Mii (japan import)
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Hongge Reborn Baby Doll,Lifelike silicone Reborn doll toy looks real newborn doll Beste Birthday gift 55cm
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Farmerly TUEDIO Cotton Sofa Cover Towel Modern Brief Coffee Graffiti Slip Resistant Sofa Slipcover Seat Couch Cover for Living Room 1PCS 02 Sofa Towel 1PCS, 90x180cm 1pcs
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.