SAVE THE DATES
Generic 8807 8807W RC Drone Foldable Helicopter FPV WiFi RC Quadcopter 2.4GHz Remote Control Dron with HD Camera VS S20 2.0MP 1BAT Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership BEICICI Art Design Photos Cool Quilt Lapinha da Serra in Brazil Living Room Bedroom Warm Blanket
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Mtxc Hatsune Miku Cosplay Clown Waist Chains Multicolour: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Porsche Cayenne Turbo Black Diecast Collectors Model
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Bigjigs Rail Big Red Steam Battery Operated Locomotive Other Major Rail Brands are Compatible
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Electronic Basketball (Handheld Game System)4Pcs RJX 20mm High Strength Alloy Buckle Straps for FPV Racing Drones Electronics 200400mm for RC Helicopter Battery Spare Part Yellow 200x20mmRhodiumplated 925 Silver 32mm Zodiac Leo Pendant Necklace
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
1 64 Alloy Pull Back Military Vehicle Model,high Simulation Military Truck Toy,Metal diecasts,Toy Vehicle, 5Glow in the Dark Standard SKLZ Pro Mini XL Basketball Hoop, 1715, Glow in The Dark1 25 72 Olds Cutlass 442 Hurst 04 244 (japan import)Rubie's Costume 70's Dude Wig, Yellow, One Size
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
QINYANHome Lightweight Blanket (90 x70 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Geometric Decor Abstract Art Borders Diamond Shaped Rhombus Decorative Pattern Black and Light bluee. Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Athena sign board kit Heart 15003179
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Laliva Original 1806 1650kv CCW + cw brushless Motor h501s07 h50108 for x4 h501s h501c rc Quadcopter rc Drone Parts (color 2)
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Ganz Toddler Girl Plush Stuffed Toy 10 Astra Unicorn, Pink.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Three-piece suit BOOSC Solid Wood Stool Fashion Small Bench Mini Sitting Block Creative Small Stool Small Square Stool Change shoes Bench Lazy Home Multifunction (Size 30 28 60)
- YUHUS HOME Personality Backpacks Junior Student Canvas Schoolbag Knapsack Travel Casual Backpack (color Yellow)
- 8x10m LPKH Tarpaulin Thickened Outdoor Tarp Ground Sheet Cover, Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Plastic Cloth Truck Tricycle Poncho (Size 10x12m)
- Party Bingo Vinyl Coated Cage Set
- Generic SG900 SG900-S Drone Parts 4pcs Propeller, 4pcs Predective Frame,4pcs Spare Motor,Spare Battery,Spare Part for sg900s x192 x196 2pcs 7.4V Battery
- 10pcs 30cm Long 5mm-50mm DIY Wooden Round Dowel Rods Pole Stick for DIY Arts Crafts Home Decoration Tool 30mm
- Zoomy far Sofa-slipcover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sectional Elastic Full Corner Sofa Cover l Shaped Sofa 1 2 3 4 Seater 1PC color 7, 3seater 190-230cm
- MasterPieces Once Upon a Shelf Collection Mystical Garden Puzzle (750 Piece) by MasterPieces
- Peli 1170 Case with Foam - Black
- Figures Toy Company Classic Tv Series 1966 The Riddler Mego Style Figure by Figures Toy Company
- Luxury Super Soft Blanket Set of Fifteen Butterflies Isolated on White Perfect for Couch Sofa or Bed Cool Quilt
- Austin Low Loader, Dunkelbeige black, Rhd, Taxi, 0, Model Car, Readymade,
- DemonCo Vintage Patriotic American Flag Throw Blanket, Home Decor Red White Stars Stripes USA Flag Soft Bedding Lightweight Blanket 50 x 60 Inches for Bed Couch Sofa for Kids Boy Girl Women
- Marvin's iMagic Interactive Deluxe 365 Set Amazing iMagic Set by Marvins Magic
- Hot Topic Kotobukiya Marvel Black Panther 1 6 Scale ArtFX Statue
- Warmfamily Bicycle Digital Printing Blanket Girl in a Pink Dress Riding a Bike with colorful Flowers and Romantic Butterflies Lightweight Blanket 60 x50 Multicolor
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- John Sheridan Signed A4 Framed Photo Display Oldham Autograph Memorabilia +COA, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Sun 26 Inch Classic Chrome Black Unicycle to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email HMANE 1 12 RC Racing Car Electric FourChannel Wireless Remote Control Drift Car with Steering Wheel Remote Contro for Kids Boys (Silver) or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Familytaste Vintage,Indo Panes Drapes Old Oil Bottle Spoons Bowl 52 x63 Kids Backout Curtains for BedroomNew Shopkins Happy Places Grand Mansion Playset
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Welly 1968 Chevy Chevelle SS396 1 24 Scale Diecast Model Car Cream
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Pet Supplies Pet Dress Heart Pattern, Size XL, Back Length 37cm, Chest 54cm, Random color Delivery
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.