SAVE THE DATES
NYDZDM Ladder Stool Foldable Heavy Duty Steel Step Stool 2 Step Multifunction Portable With Anti-Slip Mat Assembled Simple Ladder, 5 colors (color A) Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Yugioh Pendulum XYZ Monster Pack NO DUPLICATES
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Birthday Wishes Barbie Collector Edition - First in a Series: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Generic Baja 5B Upgrade Carbon Fiber Body Windows for 1 5 Scale Rovan KM HPI 1 5 RC Car Dust Proof Window
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
[Limited] Plarail Keikyu new 1000 form [aluminum wheel]
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Misaka Mikoto Maid Ver. 1 6 PVC FigureFootball Field Touchdown Tailgate Tabletop Desktop Cornhole Boards Game Set Bean Bag Tailgate Toss Mini MiniatureGeneric Baja Spare Parts CNC Alloy Front Head Kit for 1 5 Gas rc White
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Nocona Men's Black Hide Laser Barbed Black Tan 32[Citizen] Citizen Watch Citizen-Collection Citizen Collection Eco-Drive Radio Clock Direct Flight disc Type BY0130-51A Men'sGCM-T Drone Folding Beginner Remote Control Toy Wifi Transmission Picture Air Hover App Control Flight Fixed Point Surround 30W Pixel Hd Photography Predection Frame Xs089WZicue Stylish Charming Bracelet Exquisite Ornaments Wooden pinkry Bracelets，Natural Olive Plate Beaded Bracelet With Glass Beads， Men Women Unisex Beads ( Size 102 )
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Chatons of Swarovski Elements PP18 (Light Amethyst), 1440 Pieces (10 Gross) Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, DW 776 DogBone V-to-V Ratcheting Clamp
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Novi Stars Orbit Mae Tallick Beach Doll by Novi Stars
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Best Home Fashion Plush Faux Fur Hooded Elephant Animal Sleeping Bag - Grey - 27 W x 59 L - (1 Sleeping Bag).
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Trademark Fine Art Farmhouse Holiday Step 04A by Pela Studio, 14x14 Fine Art, Multicolor
- Bristol Novelty AF004 Octopus Piggy Back Costume, 38 40-Inch Waist Size
- Mtxc Shigure Rangetsu Cosplay Prop Sword Black
- Dark Green Elastic Sofa Cover Fabric Stretch Cushions Universal Armchair Furniture Covers Elastic Case Dustproof Change New Sofa style2, 235x300cm 4seat
- Pirates of the Dragonspine Sea III by Reaper
- U-Miss Thin Stretch Slipcover Tight Wrap Sofa Cover Set Elastic Couch Towel Sofa Cushion for Living Room 1 2 3 4 Seater 8, Single 90-140
- bluee Orchards Tractor Party Supplies Pack (65+ Pieces for 16 Guests ) Tractor Birthday Kit Tractor Plates Tableware
- ARRMA AR310497 Diff Gear Main 43T Spiral Kraton by Arrma
- SuperLite 2000 Mahjong [Japan Import]
- Imperial Toy Hello Kitty Surfing' Sprinkler Pink
- Mtxc One Piece Cosplay Smoker Weapons Jitte Silver
- Ex ride ride.003 Street Style Set (Pink) (PVC Figure)
- The Simpsons Trivia Game in Collector's Tin
- YOLIYANA UltraSoft Flannel Blanket,Cars,for Bed Couch Chair,Size Throw Twin Queen King,3D Style Car Kids Traffic Transport Technology
- 1pc copri dno for Lig Room Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Elastic Sofa Towel One Two Three Four-seate , One Seater
- Wrebbit Puzz-3D The White House
- C YETLGN Wooden Folding Chair Nonslip Fabric Sitting Surface Handmade For Family Outdoor Carrying Folding chair (color B)
- Da Capo III Plus Large Tapestry [Sara & Aoi]
- Deco 79 PolyStone Chess Set, 10 by 3Inch
- Laliva R12DSM R12DS R9DS R8FM R6DSM R6DS R6FG Rc Receiver 2.4G Signal for RC Transmitter - (color PRM-01)
- Baoblaze Kids bluee Indoor Outdoor Climbing Rope, Backyard Playground Swing Set, Fitness Accessories 6.5 ft
- Transformers Robots in Disguise 1-Step Changers Night Ops Bumblebee Figure
- Gund Cozies Lion Stuffed Animal Plush Toy 20 Tan
- Microman Chakuguru Microman [KM-SP01] Megalo VS Jet Jaguar
- Cieovo Full Range of Embroidery Starter Kit Including 5 Pieces Bamboo Embroidery Hoops, 50 color Threads, Cotton Embroidery Floss Sewing Thread Set for Cross Stitch Tool Set
- Sky Rover Voice Command Missile Launcher
- Multipurpose Neoprene Lunch Bag Kit, VIPbuy Large Insulated Thermal Lunch Boxes Container Tote with Detachable Adjustable Shoulder Strap, Pocket, Cutlery Organizer Bag, Zipper (Antique World Map)
- Masked Rider SIC Doras Red Version
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Hansa - 10 Westie Highland Terrier dog by Hansa, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
20\, Topaz SARO LIFESTYLE 6100C 24 7 Everyday Collection Topaz Hemstitched Dinner Napkin, 20 Square - Set of 4 Pcs to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Porsche 934 RSR Brumos 1 18Marvel Avengers Infinity War Movie Anime Super Heros Captain Ironman America Spiderman Hulk Thor Superhero PVC Action Figure E - Spiderman Toys for Boys - Hasbro Marvel Action Figures
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
21st Century 20 Questions Board Game
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Made in Japan to prevent malfunction in a side switch A3 mortar type trace table high color rendering with a fixed brightness switch NEW LED tracer A3 (N330A-04)
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.