SAVE THE DATES
Puzz 3D Empire State Building Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Laliva R6FG 2.4GHz 4 Channels FHSS Receiver Radio Control System RX for RC4GS RC3S,RC4G T8FB Transmitter F21425 RC Car RX
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Leaf Canvas Wall Art for Bedroom Home Decorations Symmetrical Olive Leaves and Wavy Branches with Ethnic Patterns Classical Illustration Artwork for Wall Decor 16 x24 x3pcs Green: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Lidahaotin Electronic Organ Piano Keyboard Thickening Case Portable Waterproof Sponge Bag Made of Oxford Cloth
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
YMCtoys 2032 Catch Ball Paddle Game Set 2-Pack (Ball Sticks to Paddle)
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
T&H Home Artistic Blanket, Kraken Giant Octopus Tentacles Mythical Nautical Marine Life Soft Flannel Fleece Bed Blacket for Couch, Throw Blanket for Cover Men Women Aults Kids Girls Boys 50 x60 Artist Sina 1000-027 of Shining Wind 1000 Piece Guren (japan import)Frog Squeezers - Prizes 24 per Pack
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to email@example.com. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Yu-Gi-Oh EM Lizard low credver Souls (CROS) single card CROS-JP004-NThe Orb Factory Jumbo Bear Cupcake Soft'n Slo Squishies, Brown Pink bluee, 10.83 x 9.25'' x 3.50 Mini Pirate Playing Cards - Price is for one pack by Playwrite[Bus] 1000 Piece Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles Classic Jigsaw Puzzles Toy
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Cgoldlle Coat Set for 14 Miss Cgoldlle Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, KKXXYD Led Bedroom Recording Remote Control Cartoon Pig USB Charging Decorative Cute Alarm Clock Soft Easy Setting
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Trademark Fine Art Sweet Paris II
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Traxxas TRX-4 Trail Defender Crawler Upgrade Parts Aluminum Pendulum Wheel Knuckle Axle Weight + 21mm Hex Adapter - 1Pr Set Green.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Trademark Fine Art Farmhouse Holiday Step 04A by Pela Studio, 14x14 Fine Art, Multicolor
- Bristol Novelty AF004 Octopus Piggy Back Costume, 38 40-Inch Waist Size
- Mtxc Shigure Rangetsu Cosplay Prop Sword Black
- Dark Green Elastic Sofa Cover Fabric Stretch Cushions Universal Armchair Furniture Covers Elastic Case Dustproof Change New Sofa style2, 235x300cm 4seat
- Pirates of the Dragonspine Sea III by Reaper
- U-Miss Thin Stretch Slipcover Tight Wrap Sofa Cover Set Elastic Couch Towel Sofa Cushion for Living Room 1 2 3 4 Seater 8, Single 90-140
- bluee Orchards Tractor Party Supplies Pack (65+ Pieces for 16 Guests ) Tractor Birthday Kit Tractor Plates Tableware
- Black White Red Wine Engagement Party Personalised Invitations Invites & Envelopes
- The Gentlemen 12 Figure (Wooden Table) HUSH Episode 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' by Sideshow
- Farmerly Spandex Elastic Geometric Universal Sofa Cover L-Shape Slipcovers All-Inclusive Predector Stretch Single Couch Case Living Room 15, Single-Seater
- STOTOY FPV RC Drone with 720P HD WiFi Camera Live Video Feed 2.4GHz 6Axis Gyro Nano Quadcopter for Kids & Beginners Altitude Hold, 3D Flips, and Headless Mode
- Smiffy's 44547SFever Midnight Passion Open Body with Suspenders
- Pretty Polkadots Confetti (Pack of 12)
- CLAAS Disco 3500 FC and 9100 C Disc Mower
- Hot Wheels Fast & Furious Fast 5 Official Movie Merchandise '11 Dodge Charger R T 7 8
- Muse watercolor paper Watson block F8 300g Natural 15 pieces NW-1408 F8
- Vintage Indian Giraffe Zebra Women Mother Baby Throw Blanket Soft Nap Couch Bed Blankets for Kid Boy Girl Women Men 50x60 inch
- Ingenious Inventions Card Game by Evolving Toys
- B Blesiya Flysky FSGT3C 2.4G 3CH LCD AFHDS Transmitter with GR3E RX for RC Car Boat (Black)
- 1 Ajusen Sexy Women Masks Female Masquerade Halloween Christmas Masks Angel Face Cosplay for Crossdresser Transgender Shemale Fourth Generation (2)
- New 1 64 GREENLIGHT ANNIVERSARY SERIES 4 COLLECTION - YELLOW 1956 FORD F-100 SHELL OIL 100TH ANNIVERSARY Diecast Model Car By Greenlight
- Rural solid anti oil tablecloth dining room free style table linen european style table covers for home hotel cafe restaurant-C 5986inch(150220cm)
- Falk Tulle, 108-Inch by 50-Yard, Bolt Silk White
- Mini Drone with 1080P HD Wifi Camera 5G FPV Live Video and GPS Return Home Function RC Quadcopter for Beginners Kids Adults with Altitude Hold, 500W One Key Takeoff Landing and 3D Flips
- MODELER'S 1 43 Shingo Shoji EG6 Civic
- 3-(Pack) Creative Congreening 8 Count Paper Dessert Plates, Gingham Galore (4-(Pack))
- Super Sonico Lolita Maid Ver. Pedestal Bed with Wind [1 6 Scale PVC]
- Talking Tables Truly Flamingo Party Bundle Designer Plates, Napkins, and Canape Picks
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- GreenLight Collectibles (1 24 Scale) 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Congreenible Indianapolis 500 Pace Car-100Th Running of The Collection Vehicle, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Gorilla Pop Art Painting Numbers Picture by Number Digital Pictures coloring by Hand Unique Gift Room Decor Home Animal Art 50x60CM to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Anchor Blanket Small Quilt Yacht Ship Cruise Sailing Themed Icon Pattern Checkered Style Holiday Travel for Bed Couch Chair in Livingroom or Bedroom 60x32 Inch Navy bluee White1000 Piece Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest (japan import)
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Bicycle league back - Red Back (US Playing Card Company)
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Fishing in The Village Painting by Numbers Landscape Art Canvas Painting with Acrylic Paints for Home Decor 40x50CM
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.