SAVE THE DATES
(240cm x 280cm inches) - Fabric Loneta Stamped 2.45 MTS (240cm) Ref. Damasco Black, Extra Wide 2.80 MTS (280cm) Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Zhendian Treasure SUPERTEAM r8000 22S Lightweight Full Carbon Fiber Road Bike Wheel Set Carbon Knife
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Federation Commander Hydran Attack: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Drift GRT front mount chassis set aluminum editions for R31 [LBL] R31-16FM-A-LBL
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Diamond Comic Distributors Mugato by Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
C Animal Shape Inflatable Yacht Swimming Pool Water Toy With Handle Seat Yacht QYLOZ (color A)ZHAOYONGLI-stools Fashion Modern Solid Wood Bench Home Dining Stool Creative Footstool Wood color Multifunction Household Creative (color Primary-color-circle, Size 26.5 42cm)Amscan 434000.53 Party Perfect Premium Wavy Square Plates Tableware (10 Pack), Green,; 6 1 2
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to email@example.com. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Farmerly WLIARLEO Cover for Couch Sofa Towel Solid Black Anti-Mite Cotton Polyester Slip-Resistant Slipcover Couch for Living Room,Home Sofa Cover 4, Right Chaise 170x260Cars Mega Size Mack Semi 3 by UnknownSeries E231-500 Yamanote Line (Add-On A 4-Car Set) (Model Train)IMusk Original OEM Backward Lateral Vision Module Obstacle Avoidance Component Repair Spare Parts for DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom Drone
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Mega Man Battle Network - 15 Mega Man Plush (Capcom) Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Winter Autumn Plush Stone Quilted Sofa Cover Furniture Covers slipcovers for Living Room canape capa de Sofa Predector SP5144 Lake bluee per pic, 110cm180cm
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Chatting play full English (japan import) by Combi
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Hall Crystal Flute 11201 - Inline Glass Piccolo in C - White Lily.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Play Mat MtG Duel Blessed Vs. Cursed
- Standard Tatto Bag - Star Wars - Temporary Kids Games Toys tt2044
- Deluxe Top Quality Sofa Cover for Dog Pets Stretch Sofa Seat Lounge Predector Couch Cover Single Two Three Seater Slipcover Black 58x183cm
- STMT DIY Signature Spa Kit by Horizon Group USA Signature Spa
- Up North Memorabilia Dennis Mortimer Signed Photo Framed 16x12 Aston Villa Autograph Display + COA
- Walt Disney 110th Anniversary Disney beans collection ticking crocodile (japan import)
- DIY FPV Mini Drone GEPRC FlyShark GEP-BX4 BX5 BX6 kvadrokopter Frame True X Carbon Fiber Quadrocopter FPV Racing RC Drone Frame BX5 215mm Yellow
- Zicue Stylish Charming Bracelet Exquisite Ornaments Women's Bracelet,Peach Heart Butterfly Combined gold Section Crystal Glass Beads Electroplating ( Size 17cm )
- Utapau Clone Trooper - Star Wars Action Figure Vintage Collection Wave 5
- Light bluee Expo International Products Chocolate
- UFO Robo Grendizer Maria Freed PVC Statue
- Vantaso Sheer Curtains 78 inch Long Ocean Sea Stars Fish for Kids Girls Bedroom Living Room Window Decorative 2 Panels
- Laliva S550 500 550mm Hexacopter Frame Kit 2312 920kv 40A 26S OPTP ESC 9450 Props 2212 920kv Brushless Motor 30A simonk ESC (color Choice 2)
- Empire Express by Mayfair Games
- Gundam MSIA MRX-009 Psyco Gundam Action Figure
- Toddler Slide Climber Indoor Outdoor Climbers Slides For Toddlers Folds For Easy Storage Infant Climbers Kids Playground 111x51x54cm
- Disney Baby Girls' Minnie Mouse 5 Piece Set Animal Theme, Red, 06 Months
- New DIECAST Toys CAR JADA 1 18 Metals Hollywood Rides Classic TV Series Batmobile with Working Lights, Batman and Robin DIE CAST Figures 98625
- Trademark Fine Art WAG00755C1419GG The Law Journal Ii by Kapp Wall Decor, Multicolor, 14x19
- Xhabb 5D DIY Diamond Painting Living Room Decoration Painting Diamond Painting Giant Tortoise and Elephant 5D Full Diamond Cross Stitch 30X40Cm
- Generic RC Snake Toy Plastic Simulation Snake Infrared Remote Control Fake RC Toys Animal Xmas Scary Shock Jokes Gift Black
- Panasonic hair dryer Nanokea gold EH-NA28-N
- Heye Train Station 2000 Piece Christoph Schne Jigsaw Puzzle by Heye
- Fits Nissan Skyline Silhouette TLV-N 1983 Early Production
- Cobra CXR925 Walkie Talkies 35-Mile Two-Way Radios with microTalk (Pair)
- D.I.D 520VT2GBX120ZB Open Chain with Rivet Link gold Black
- Battle Spirits Brave of the Sun Box
- Amscan Flower Adventure Birthday Table Foil Decorating Kit Saver Pack Party Supplies (138 Piece), Purple
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- CCJW Comic Variations Series Toys Bushido Batman Model Home Office Toy Decorations, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Sportagraphs Wayne Mardle Signed Framed Photo Autograph 16x12 display Darts AFTAL & COA to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email MyLife Brand Products My Life As Doll Clothes - Exercise or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
GreenBox Art + Culture Gulf Coast Shadows by Sally Bennett Canvas Wall Art, 100cm by 100cm(Large) - Triple 8 Park Pack
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
1986 Chevrolet Corvette in RED in 1 18 Scale By Autoart
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.New Classic Toys 11053 Kitchenette Bon Appetite Toy, White Silver
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.