SAVE THE DATES
Dapei RC Drone 2.4G WiFi GPS FPV 1080P HD Camera Altitude Hold Mode Quadcopter Drone With Bag Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Jaydevn Birds Blanket Small Quilt Animal Courting Valentines Bed Cover 60x32 Inch
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Frames & Fittings Chrome Motorcycle Gear Shift Lever Brake Shifter Peg Footrest Pedal Cover for Yamaha V-Star 650 2001-2010 Classic 950 1100 1300: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
INTEX Inflatable Jump-O-Lene Ring Bounce Kids Bouncer + Air Pump by Intex
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Ensky Drinking Party 352 Pieces Dream Of Forest 352-21 (japan import)
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Trademark Fine Art Maritime bluees IV by color Bakery, 14x14 Canvas Wall Art[Toy] N Youngtoys Monkart Vasper BeatroidFranklin Sports 6 Player Family Croquet Set One Size
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
General Grievous Star Wars Clone Wars 2009 Pez Candy & Dispenser [Toy]Montessori Wooden Lock Box W Doors & Latches Boys Girls Memory Game ToysDammit Doll - Dammit Camo Doll - Bravoure - Army Digi Camo, Royal bluee Hair - Stress Relief, Gag GiftMICROSCOPE AA Unisex Adult Adjustable Sit Up Bench Foldable Workout, Heavy Duty Bench Fitness Equipment for Home Gym Ab Exercises ideal cardio trainer ( color Pink )
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Pegasus Hobbies 9101 1 72 Apollo 27 Rocket, 9101 Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Redcat Racing Steering Saver Unit Official Car Parts
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
color07 30 x50 Inch Sand Free Beach Blanket Dragonfly,Beetle Dragonfly and Bird Shapes Over Geometrical Angled Bound Triangle Forms Graphic,Multi Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 50 x60
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Maberry Baby Silicone Chew Necklace, Rainbow Nursing Chewable Beads Teether for Mom to Wear, Also Autism Sensory Chew Toys - BPA Free.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Play Mat MtG Duel Blessed Vs. Cursed
- Standard Tatto Bag - Star Wars - Temporary Kids Games Toys tt2044
- Deluxe Top Quality Sofa Cover for Dog Pets Stretch Sofa Seat Lounge Predector Couch Cover Single Two Three Seater Slipcover Black 58x183cm
- STMT DIY Signature Spa Kit by Horizon Group USA Signature Spa
- Up North Memorabilia Dennis Mortimer Signed Photo Framed 16x12 Aston Villa Autograph Display + COA
- Walt Disney 110th Anniversary Disney beans collection ticking crocodile (japan import)
- DIY FPV Mini Drone GEPRC FlyShark GEP-BX4 BX5 BX6 kvadrokopter Frame True X Carbon Fiber Quadrocopter FPV Racing RC Drone Frame BX5 215mm Yellow
- PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN DEAD MAN'S CHEST FINAL BATTLE WILL TURNER by Zizzle
- Radiolink R12DSM Nano Mini Receiver 2.4Ghz 12CH SBUS and PPM Signal Support DSSS and FHSS Spread Spectrum for AT9 AT9S AT10 AT10
- Sectional Sofa Cover Spandex Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Couch Cover for Living Room Furniture Slipcovers cogines para color 2, 3-Seater 190-230cm
- Battlefront Miniature D and D Iggwilv's Treasure Classic S4 2 Figures
- YPG 100A ESC (26S) SBEC Brushless Speed Controller For Trex Helicopter
- Cayro Coffret Casino Bois 2624
- Johnny Lightning Stock Car Legends Neil Bonnett 5
- Carbon Fiber Landing Gear for EXTRA300 26-35CC 50CC 100CC 150CC 200CC Gasoline RC Airplane for 100cc
- Laliva Main Blade Grip WL Toys XK AS350 K123 MAX Power 6CH Brushless Motor 3D 6G Rc Spare Parts Accessories R C Helicopter
- Flash TV Series Captain Cold ReAction 3 3 4Inch Retro Action Figure by Funko
- Baoblaze Kids Indoor Outdoor 3in1 Space Ship Play Tent (Playhoue Ball Pit & Tunnel)
- (Black) Lego Kids' Minifigure Pouch, Black
- color5 59 x 80in Super Soft Flannel Thicken Blanket Las Vegas Perfect for Couch Sofa or Bed Cool Quilt
- Tarata Balancing Animals, Dinosaurs. in Gift Box. Made from NZ Farm Forested Radiata Pine (color)
- Eove Sterling Silver Arwen Evenstar Pendant Necklace Elvish Jewelry
- Odishabazaar 5 Circle Dream Catcher Wall Hanging - Attract Positive Dreams
- Amscan Disposable Round Party Luncheon Plates 9 Brown
- Farmerly bluee Wavy Printing Elastic Sofa Towel Slip-Resistant Cover for Sofa Funda Sofa Couch Cover Single Two Three Four-Seater color 4, Two-Seater
- Zoomy far Sofa-slipcover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Sectional Elastic Full Corner Sofa Cover l Shaped Sofa 1 2 3 4 Seater 1PC color 7, 2seater 145-185cm
- Reborn Baby Doll Soft Simulation Silicone Vinyl 19Inch 50Cm Magnetic Mouth Lifelike Pink Best Companion To Bring To Your Family
- bluee Ocean Argyle Sweater VestSmall
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Flameer NAZE32 REV6 Accelerated Open Source Flight Control for RC Drone FPV Racing Unmanned Aerial - Full, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
color20 31 x 47in Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch View of top of Mount Everest from Kala Patthar Perfect for Couch Sofa or Bed Cool Quilt to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email Digital Printing Blanket Retro Pirate Adventure Kids Scene 60 x36 or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
GEOPONICS STL06 COBWireless Remote Control S Bike Light USB Charging Warning LightALAZA Home Decor Watercolor Flamingo Dancing Bird Soft Warm Blanket for Bed Couch Sofa Lightweight Travelling Camping 60 x 50 inch Throw Size for Kids Boys Women
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
JETEHO Pack of 20 Candy Boxes Gift Boxes Sweet Boxes with Ribbons for Graduation Ceremony Party Favors, 2.4 X2.4 X2.2
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Laanc Jewellery 8 Rows Red and Multicolor Gradient Crystal African Beads Nigerian Wedding Jewelry Sets
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.