SAVE THE DATES
Entertaining with Caspari Double Deck of Bridge Playing Cards, Tobacco Leaf Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Jigsaw panel gold Mall wood panel H031 3 (26 x 38cm) 3 (japan import)
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Buffalo Games Aimee Stewart Life Is an Open Book Paris 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Miniland Super Blocks with Characters, 64Pieces
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Vantaso Sheer Curtains 78 inch Long bluee Polka Dots for Kids Girls Bedroom Living Room Window Decorative 2 Panels
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Alice AM04 Mandolin Strings E1st Plated Steel StringsExtra LightDiamond 6Gallon Ball Bucket with 30 DLL1 Little League BaseballsPz.Kpfw.II Ausf.F 1 72 DIECAST Model Tank
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Star Wars Titanium Series Die Cast Metal Arc170 with Opening CockpitFantasy Flight Games Current Edition Accessories Elder Sign Museum Gamemat1;48 scale Iranian Air Force Saeqeh80 Jet Fighter Aircraft model kit by AFV ClubLais Jigsaw Icebear 2000 pieces
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
The Stupell Home Decor Collection You are Swan in a Million Stretched Canvas Wall Art, 16 X 20, Multicolor Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Natural Cave，Bed Sheet Photography Pictures Decorations Mystic Daylight for Rehabilitation Exercises Place a Part of The Mountain Design 70 x60 Super Soft Boys Warm Blanket Brown White Green
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
SQBB Personalized schoolbag female Korean Edition high school student shoulder bag super street fashion pack
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the One Size Peppa Pig Balloon Bouquet Pack Of 5.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- color03 60 x62 Inch Weighted Blanket for Kids Fish,Collection of Sea Creatures Cartoon Style Vivid colors Happy Fish Lined Up Abstract,Multicolor Soft Summer Cooling Lightweight Bed Blanket 50 x60
- White SXET-Model car Car Model Ferrari California Sports Car Die Casting Model 1 18 Emulation Alloy Car Model Collection Ornaments (color White)
- Dark Brown ZPWSNH Stool Ladder Low Stool Bedside Two Steps Stairs Household Window,Solid Wood Stool Step stool (color White)
- HBWJSH 1 18 Ford Mustang Car Model Muscle Car Refit Simulation Sports Car Alloy Car Model (color White 009)
- Marvel Collection X-Men Classic Wolverine Fine Art Bust
- Zoomy far 1 2 3 4 Seater Print Floral Sofa Slipcover Fashion Couch Cover, Grey Sofa Cover Sofa Cover Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater K058, 1 Seat 90-140cm
- South Africa - Transkei 200 different stamps (Stamps for collectors)
- Smethport Tabletop Magnet Letters Set by Smethport
- 4M-3 robot duck (japan import)
- Generic P144 Wooden Thomas Bulk Train Track Accessory, Three-Door Garage + bluee Turntable, Compatible with Wooden Thomas Train Tracks
- Gi Joe 8In Sldier Long Range W Desert Gear
- DMC 6Strand Embroidery Cotton Floss, Ultra Light Avocado Green
- TOYSTER'S Wooden Train Set for Kids 100Piece Toy Trains Set Compatible with Thomas Wooden Railway Model Train Great Gift Idea for Boys and Girls Superior Craftsmanship and Rapid Assembly
- ITALFAMA Leatherette Chess Board 33cm
- bluee Two rounds OaLt-t Trolley Bag Large Capacity Six Rounds of Climbing Stairs Cute Pupils School Bag 2-5-8 Grade Girls Hand Box Tow Backpack (color Pink, Size Six Rounds)
- 18 Baby Everything Emma and Friend- Pink
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- BelleAckerman Flannel Throw Blanket，World Map,Ancient Old Chart Vintage Reproduction of 16th Century Atlas Print,Sand Brown Slate bluee,Winter Luxury Plush Microfiber Fabric 50 x70 , hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Plant32ffy7004 Twin Fandim Fly Bedding Set Full Size, Cartoon Owl Comforter Cover Sets for All Season to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Kato 51271 Passenger Car Oha 35 BrownKotobukiya Saber Swimsuit Version Fate Hollow Ataraxia , Ani Statue
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
NYJ Christmas Pet Clothes, Gift Cat Dog Tang Costume Set Costume Embroidery Jacket Jumpsuit Puppy Clothes (Size Xl)
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Oeuf Baby Clothes harem pantsdark pink cherries3 6M
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.