SAVE THE DATES
Guild Puzzle Wagon Wheel Garden 550 piece by Guild Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Cars 2 Characters Car Collection Assorted VOL.7 (1) race team meter RACE TEAM MATER minicar [Mattel] (japan import)
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman SunWorks 9603 - Construction Paper, 58 lbs., 9 x 12, Bright Green, 50 Sheets Pack-PAC9603: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Huiyuan HUI YUAN Middle Finger 3D Lamp Room Bedroom Decorative Night light Multi 7 color Change USB Cable Smart Touch Button LED Desk Table Kiddie Kids Gift Home Decoration color Changeable
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Amscan Carnival Nightmare Clown Costume - Medium (8-10)
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Club Pack of 12 Cascading Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Hanging Party Decorations 24 Aluminum Front Or Rear Differential Case for Traxxas X-Maxx 8S - 1Pc Set SilverAnyangeight Educational, Digital Printing Blanket, colorful Lower Case Alphabet Blocks Cute Kids Font ABC Cartoon Style Typography, Digital Printing Blanket, （W50 x L60 Inch Multicolor
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Robinson Racing 8121 Clutch Bell 21T TRA Nitro, 8121Orchard - Can You Guess (French)Kyosho UM570 Vented Slipper Disk Set (RB5 WC) (2)Kamen Rider OOO DX deformed Soft Vinyl Figure Takakiriba separately
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Oncegod Beds Blanket Coral Vintage pinks Feminine Camping Throw,Office wrap 60 W x 51 L Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Ultra Pro Elspeth vs Kiora Magic Duel Play Mat
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
5 Wooden Puzzles Gift Set In A Wooden Box
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Tales of Berseria Eizen ALTAiR 1 8 Scale PVC Figure.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Oncegod Family Blanket Girls French Beret Striped Sweater Super Soft Cozy 60 W x 51 L
- (30 X 18 75 X 45cm) - Star Trek Beyond Movie Kirk Spock Jaylah Wall Canvas (30 & 157; X 18 & 157; 75 X 45cm)
- Elegantstunning SG900-S GPS Drone with camera HD 1080P Professional FPV Wifi RC Drones Altitude Hold Auto Return Dron RC Quadcopter Helicopter 1080P
- Generic Doub K car Model Toys Retro Iron Nostalgia car Camping Bus Ornaments Home Coffee Shop Wedding Decorations Gifts I
- Features a variety of dazzling round-cut and oval-cut cubic zirconia stones.
- SHYPwM Toy Model Crafts Anime Boutique Lufei Anime Toy Boat Component Model
- Yamada iron launch Sichuan pot 39cm ASS1039 (Japan import The package and the manual are written in Japanese)
- Cute Black White Cats Throw Blanket Soft Nap Couch Bed Blankets Kid Boy Girl Women Men 50x60 inch
- Daxiong Plush Teddy Bear Giant Bear Soft Doll Birthday Gift Christmas Girlfriend Adult Little Girl Pink,A,180cm
- Frank A. Edmunds Stitch Master Floor Stand, 6116
- Sparco Products SPR99220 Ticket Roll Double wCoupon 2000RL Red
- AMWAN Brown Coffee Plaid Duvet Cover Set Twin Lightweight Washed Cotton Comforter Cover Set Hotel Quality Grid Bedding Collection Modern Soft Checkered Duvet Cover Set with 2 Pillowcases Twin
- BEICICI Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch Jin Mao Tower and Shanghai World Financial Center viewed from The Observation Deck Shanghai Tower Fashion Ultra Cozy Flannel Blanket
- Navy JanSport Rucksack Big Student Asphalt wild at heart One Size
- Fit for 99% Sofa Solid color Elastic Sofa Cover Elastic Slipcovers Stretch Washable Removable seat Couch wrap Washable Wedding Lemon, 3 Seater 190-230cm
- Angel Dear Jacquard Blankie, Farm Animal Pink
- Hf285 Medium Green (Heather) Bulky 50m per 50g HANSAFARM 100% baby alpaca wool in 50+ colours (scratchfree) 300g set (6 x 50g) soft Baby Alpaca wool for knitting & crocheting in 6 yarn sizes Denimbluee Plain
- Bulk Buy Bernat Softee Baby Yarn Solids (3Pack) Flannel 16603030044
- Laliva Attop XT1 RC Drone Quadcopter Spare Parts Blades Motor Body Shell Motor Base Receiver Charger Gear Predective Frame etc (color 1pcs Receiver Board)
- Girls Dress 2018 Winter Geometric Pattern Dress Long Sleeve Girls Top Coat Tutu Dress Sweater Knitwear 2Pcs,Pink Az410,5
- Drive Town Construction vehicle selection (japan import)
- One Dozen Christmas Bingo Delight bluee Snowflake Bingo Dauber
- HUAXING Mini Drone with Wide Angle 2MP HD Camera WiFi FPV Foldable Selfie HW Upgraded RC Quadcopter Helicopter,2batteries
- DRONESHOP Aluminum Suitcase Carrying Case for Syma X8C X8G X8W
- Generic 50pcs Super Heroes Marvel dc Comics Model Fantastic Four Human Torch Building Blocks Bricks Friends Hobby Toys for Boys 729
- Estes 1948 Big Bertha Flying Model Rocket Kit
- Hasegawa 1 48 F-16CG Fighting Falcon Osan
- I Want To Believe X Files Movie Poster Canvas Picture Art Print Premium Quality A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 New Best Cheap (A0 Canvas (30 40))
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Trademark Fine Art Santorini Hillside II by Edie Fagan, 14x14, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Fityle 1 6 Scale Jacket Hoodie Handbag & Pants Set Male Clothes for 12 inch Men Action Figure Doll Toy DIY Accessories to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
color04 70 Wx84 L WinfreyDecor Camo Home Throw Blanket Cute Sweet Pattern in Pink Tones Feminine Design Girlish Vibrant Artistic Sofa Chair 60 Wx60 L Magenta Hot Pink GreyRenteriaDecor Animal Blanket Wild Big Cat Tiger Safari Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket Bed Couch 60 x36
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Winter White 54x63 Exclusive Home Velvet Grommet Top Curtain Panel Pair, Winter White, 54x96, 2 Piece
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Nana Jade Jewelry Jade Egg Noodles with Leaf-Shaped Men Head Buddha Wishful Bracelet Mosaic Processing Necklace
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.