SAVE THE DATES
6V 1600mAh NiMH Receiver Pack, 5 Cell Flat by Dynamite by Dynamite Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Znzbzt 3D Wall Posters Waterproof Floor Sticker Creative Decorations Wallpaper, Beach
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Bohemian Style NonSlip Stair Sticker Self Adhesive Carpet Decals,5 pcs,39.4“×9.8”: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Meteor Control Line Balsa Kit from AeroNaut, Wingspan 1000mm
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Emvency Throw Blanket Warm Cozy Print Flannel bluee Paris Vintage Carnival Purple Retro Amusement Comfortable Soft for Bed Sofa and Couch 50x60 Inches
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Disney Descendants Neon Lights Feature Evie of Isle of The LostOriginal Kyosho 1 64 Nissan R390GT1 1998 No.31 (japan import)Feline Frenzy 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Piko 54625 DR Ot03 Hopper Wagon with Brakeman's Cab IIIPlan Toys Doll House Ethnic Family 7416K'NEX Mario Vs Delfino Oak Tree Building SetWildkin Lady Bug Pink Stay Warm Sleeping Bag
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Fandim Fly Bedding Set Full Size bluee Kraken Octopus Navy Background 3D Print Floral Duvet Cover Set Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Justice League (Alex Ross) Series 5 Lex Luthor
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
LDARC RX800 PRO 2.4G Receiver Compatible with FUTABA SFHSS Transmitter Remote Control
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Figucase Collect Showcase for Lego Series 71017 Minifigures Series Batman Black.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Bedroom Lightning Cutout Blackout Curtain - Home Decor Lightning Design Die Cutting Hollow Out Grommet Drape Drappery Living Room Nursery Pony Dance, 52 Wide 63 Long, Black, 1 Panel
- Transformers Generations 2018 power-of-the-Puraimusu leader class Rodimasu prime TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES Leader Class RODIMUS PRIME G1 Hot Rod [parallel import goods]
- Kaitendoh - World Athlete Series Statue 1 8 Representative of England Annie
- 1pcs SunnySky X2814 Series 900KV 1000KV 1100KV 1250KV 1450KV Outrunner External redor Brushless Motor X2814 1000KV
- 1pcs Sunnysky R2205 2300KV 2500 3-4S CW CCW Servo Brushless Motor for 210 QAV250 FPV Racing Drone Quadcopter for RC Parts 2300kv 2CW2CCW
- Vtech - 183605 - Jeu électronique - Console Storio Tv
- Bam Bam Duck Shaped Musical Carousel
- Yael And Abi Musical Soft Toy (Doudou) Hand Hamsa (bluee Liberty)
- GoBroBrand Toddler Basketball Hoop - Kids Easy Score Basketball Game with Adjustable Height - 6 Height Settings & Pump Included - for Boys & Girls Age 3 - 12 Years Old
- Stool Portable Folding Chair Home Dining Chair Office Lazy Chair Adult Simple Bamboo Chair Leisure Folding Bamboo Material (Size LARGE)
- bluee Aquatic Animal Shape Recliner PVC Inflatable Floating Bed Can Rely On Adult Floating Row QYLOZ (color Green)
- 70x70cm,Little Mermaid DIY Diamond Painting Cross Stitch Full Diamond Embroidery 5D Needlework Square Diamond Mosaic Kits
- Laliva ZMR250 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame Kit 4 Axis Mulitcopter + Motor Plastic Cover Predection 5045 3 Blade Propeller for QAV250 (color with Cover and Belt)
- Alan Shearer Signed 10x8 Framed Photo Autograph Display Blackburn AFTAL COA
- Aladdin's First Wish Funko POP Movie Moments x Aladdin Vinyl Figure + 1 Classic Disney Trading Card Bundle [ 409
- Aluminium 3 Step Stool Ladder For Adults & Kids Kitchen Folding Chairs Portable Footstool Stepladder Storage Shelf Flower Rack Durable (color bluee)
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Hand2mind Standard Index Playing Cards with Storage Tote (Pack of 30), hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Laliva 100pairs 1S 2 Pins Mirco Model Battery Connector 26awg Heatproof Silicone Cable 10cm for RC Helicopter QAV Multicopter to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email KiNSMART Toy Diecast Model 1 28 Scale Mini Cooper S International Pull Back Car Educational Collection Gift Kid Green or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
The Phonics Game 18 Hours of Fun For Better Reading (3 VHS Tapes, 7 Audio Cassettes, 6 TwoDeck Phonics Card Games, Sound Code Chart, Mirror, Reading Selections, Play Book, Notepad and Pen, Complete Instruction Book, Stickers, Game Plan Calendar, CompreheMaroon Noble Knight Medium 810
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
400 Beads 4 colors Unique Set 408 Czech FirePolished Faceted Glass Beads Round 4 mm, 4FP012 4FP013, 4FP014, 4FP015
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Sky Delta 52 Inch Kite Marvel Ironman by XKites
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.