SAVE THE DATES
Mobile Suit Gundam name signs stand SP acguy Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Lais Jigsaw Dordogne castle 2000 pieces
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Cars Character car 11 Lightening McQueens tongue stuck out Version (japan import): Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Anniutwo Animal Travel Throw Blanket Cartoon Cheerful Frog Prince a Crown Hearts Fairy Tale Character Doodle Velvet Plush Throw Blanket 60 x50 Multicolor
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Generic Align TREX 700 Ball Link HN70581 trex 700 Spare Parts with Tracking
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Vantaso Sheer Curtains 78 inch Long Ocean Jelly Fish Coral for Kids Girls Bedroom Living Room Window Decorative 2 PanelsToy Vault TV77002 Princess Bride Fezzik the Giant Talking PlushMelody Jane Dollhouse Houseworks Retro Gas Station Unfinished Flat Pack MDF Kit
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
ARRIS C250 V2 250mm RC Quadcopter FPV Racing Drone RTF w Flycolor 4in1 STower + Radiolink AT9 + 4S Battery + HD CameraGeneric LDARC Kingkong XT2306 1700KV 46S 2500KV 34S Brushless Motor W Motor Mounting Base for KK 5GT RC Drone Models Part XT2306 1700KV CWExpressions of India Swapna Sundari BarbieGeneric JJR C Q39 High Lander 1 12 RC Desert Truck 35 km h+ Fast Speed 1 kg HighTorque servo 7.4 V 1500 mAh LiPo
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Zulu War W Britain British 3rd (East Kent) Regiment, The Buffs, Sgt. Milne Standing Parrying with Bayonet 1 30 20142 Collectible Toy Soldier Scale Hand Painted Metal Figure Gunn King Country Frontline Type Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Yoyorule 20x 0.71mm colorful Celluloid Guitar Picks Plectrums for Guitar Bass
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Little Tikes Number Busters Arena
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Sliver AIJUN Triangle Full Rhinestones Women's Evening Clutch Bag Party Prom Wedding Purse (gold).
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- YEHO Art Gallery Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Super Soft Cozy Throw-Blankets for Kids Girls Boys,Lightweight Blankets for Bed Sofa Couch Chair Day Nap,Cute Flaminigo Animal Patten,39x49inch
- Free Shipping Micro Wind Power Slip Ring 2 3 4 5 6 8 12 Circuits 5 10 15 30A Diameter 21.7 22 31mm Spare Parts 8 Circuits 5A
- Dokidoki Precure Cure Ace Perfect Narikiri Set
- Five Cross Booster Pack FQ-BP02 Booster Pack Doll Fantasista BOX (japan import)
- 1 Hobbywing QuicRun 1 10 1 8 RC Car Part WP 1080 Crawler Waterproof Brushed ESC Build-in BEC 2-3S Lipo with LED Programing Card XT60 NO Box
- HSDDA Party Pet Costume Pet dog clothes autumn and winter clothing plus velvet cat clothes winter dog clothes tide cotton four-legged clothes (color Pink, Size 14) Pet Uniform
- Pokemon TCG XY Elite Trainer Deck Shield Red
- Davishouse Christmas Reversible Blanket Cute Xmas Elements with Candies Snowman Fir Sweets Celebration Kids Nursery Theme Bedroom Warm 60 Wx60 L
- Masterkidz ride on scooter pink
- 3MX5M LPKH Tarpaulin Transparent Tarpaulin Waterproof with Perforated Tarp Ground Sheet Cover (Size 4mx6m)
- Reborn Baby Doll 21 (55cm) Soft Silicone Vinyl Girls Doll Gift Partner pink Skirt
- Rhode Island Novelty 52.50 Lightup Double Blade Sword Toy Figure Weapons
- HSP Flying Fish Upgrade Parts Aluminum for RC 1 10 Drift On Road Car Electric Power XEME 94123 Pro Top 94103 Spare Replacement 102061
- This Land is your Land 100 Piece Puzzle by eeBoo
- Stretch Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Elastic Seat Couch Cover for Living Room Furniture Slipcovers fundas de sillones envio Gratis color 1, 3-Seater 190-230cm
- BelleAckerman Sofa Blanket African,Savannah Lady Like Amazon Girl Standing for Hunt Safari Style Retro Folk Print,Brown Cocoa Throw Lightweight Cozy Plush Microfiber Solid Blanket 50 x60
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- golden Almencla Mini T100 9V Aluminum Alloy Smart Crawler Chassis Car Tank Chassis Arduino Compatible DIY Kits Smart Robot Car Kit Tank Toys golden, as described, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Jakks Disney Club Penguin 6.5 Inch Series 4 Plush Figure Rad Scientist (Includes Coin With Code ) to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email Melissa & Doug Rainforest Floor Puzzle (EasyClean Surface, Promotes HandEye Coordination, 48 Pieces, 60.96 cm L x 91.44 cm W) or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Funko Gangnam Style Wacky WobblerVOILA Smiley Xylophone (japan import)
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Generic AOSENMA CG033 Camera Drone WiFi FPV with HD 1080P Gimbal Dual GPS Brushless Servo Foldable RC Drone Quadcopter RTF Mode2 Red Combo C
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.1997 Crazy Classics II Gift Pack
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.