SAVE THE DATES
Xhabb 5D DIY Diamond Painting Living Room Decorative Painting Diamond Painting Teapot Illustration 5D Full Diamond Cross Stitch 30X40Cm Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Trademark Fine Art Painted Strings by Carrie Schmitt Wall Art, White Matte, Wood Frame 11x11
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Laliva 1555 Propeller Carbon Fiber CW CCW 1355 1755 1855 T-Motor Multicopter RC Drone Quadcopter UAV Hexcopter 3508 4108 Prop - (color 1655): Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
NICI Snow Leopard Girl Pencil Case by Nici
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Great Dane, Deutsche Dogge (uncropped), color, giant head statue limited edition ArtDog
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Trademark Fine Art bluestering Valley I by Grace Popp, 14x14ALIREA Spa Zen Stones Super Soft Warm Blanket Lightweight Throw Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa Travelling Camping 60 x 50 Inch for Kids Boys GirlsSportagraphs John Toshack SIGNED Liverpool Shirt & Gift Box Football Retro New AFTAL COA Perfect GIFT
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Hnfsliuhao Table Lamp Night Light Green Low Carbon Eye Mini Plug Small Table LampWOZO Watercolor Indian Elephant Area Rug Rugs Non-Slip Floor Mat Doormats Living Room Bedroom 60 x 39 inchesPearlRolan Weighted Blanket for Kids Zebra Pattern greenical Striped Nature Wildlife Inspired Fashion Illustration Black White Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids Better Deeper Sleep 35 x60 Gundam Zeon Scratched Print T-Shirt Black (L)
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
color03 60 Wx60 L WinfreyDecor Tea Party Reversible Blanket Cartoon Drawing Style Kitchenware and Tea Party Items Cups Pots colorful Design Ultra Soft and Warm Hypoallergenic 60 Wx60 L Multicolor Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, BelleAckerman Weighted Blanket for Kids Mexican,Popular Hispanic Cartoon Objects with Fiesta Taco Guitar Cactus Plant Nachos Print,Multicolor All Season Light Weight Living Room Bedroom 35 x60
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
color1 59 x 80in BEICICI Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch Via ferrata in South Tirol Fashion Ultra Cozy Flannel Blanket
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Figma Billy Herrington (Max Factory) (japan import).
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Pla J-20 railroad crossing curve (Japan import The package and the manual are written in Japanese)
- Yoko TSUGAWA N gauge 14042 Choshi Electric Railway Deki 3 electric locomotive Byugeru Specifications Body color with red Denshoku power
- Generic 50pcs Super Heroes Marvel dc Comics Model Cannonball X-Men Building Blocks Bricks Friends Hobby Toys for Boys PG213
- NFL San Francisco 49ers Touchdown Pro Bamboo Cutting Board 16-Inch
- Reborn Baby Doll Dolls Lifelike Rebirth Doll bluee Dress White Apron Silicone Vinyl Doll Realistic Girl Doll Toy
- Focke Wulf FW190D9 JG44 Aircraft 1 48 Tamiya
- Swarovski Crystals 1170449 Round Stones 1088 PP 14 AIR blueE OPAL F, 1440 Pieces
- Replacement Decals Stickers Fits Little Tikes Cozy Coupe II Car Toy Princess Crown Set
- Waterproof 3650 4300KV RC Brushless Motor 60A Brushless ESC Programmer Combo Set kit for 1 10 RC Car Truck Motor 3650 4300kv Motor
- Star Wars Episode I Queen Amidala 2000 Portrait Edition - Return to Naboo
- EPOCH Sylvanian Families Boutique 5234
- Poolmaster 98460 Aqua Islander Adult Scuba Combo Pack
- 3dpink db_154386_1 Personal Initial K Monogrammed Pink Black and White Damask Pattern Girly Stylish Personalized Letter Drawing Book, 8 x 8
- 40x40 no frame 2105 cat1 KYKDY Animal Cats in a Cup Digital Oil Painting coloring Numbers Pictures by Numbers with colors and Brush for Kids Learning Paint,7265 cat13,50x50 no Frame
- Click N' Play CNP30442 Military Airborne Infantry Troop 12 Action Figure Play Set with Accessories Military Airborne Paratrooper Action Figure Playset N a
- White Turtle Pattern by Lightboxjournal, 14x14-Inch
- Deep Red Stamps Pansy Borders Rubber Stamp Set by Deep Red Stamps
- BE @ RBRICK Bearbrick Manchester United 100% (japan import)
- Generic 1 18 Rock Crawler Remote Control RC High Performance Truck Car 2.4 GHz Control System Vehicle with Four Wheel Drive bluee
- Pattern17 W63 x L63 Kids Blackout Room Darkening Curtains Vibrant colord Gummy Bears Candies Delicious Jelly Sugary Snack Chewy Sweet Taste Curtain Living Room Multicolor W63 x L45
- Stupell Industries The Dancer Portrait Framed Giclee Texturized Art, Proudly Made in USA
- Hansa Mix Rabbit Plush, Brown by Hansa
- Paul Lamond Cartoon Classic Photo Puzzle by Paul Lamond
- JP Lion Guard Leap n Roar Animated Plush by JP Lion Guard
- GunGriffon The Eurasian Conflict [Japan Import] by Game Arts
- FidgetGear 1 48 Helicopter Bell 429 HB-ZSU Air Zermatt victorinox Limited Edition Diecast
- IXO - Subaru Impreza WRC 3 Carlsson-Andersson
- Salt & Pepper Shakers Set FLOWER AND BEE New Ceramic Gifts 8348
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Precut Floral Glass Privacy Arched Window Film, Self Static Adhesive Cling, 28 inches diameter, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
The Young Monk Doll Sets, Random Style to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email WIHVE Home Decor Blanket Animal World Map Throw Lightweight Soft Warm Blankets for Bed Couch Sofa 50 X 60 Inches or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
New Shop INTEX Kool Splash Inflatable Swimming Pool Water Slide + Quick Fill Air Pumpcolor07 30 Wx50 L WinfreyDecor It`s a Boy Warm Blanket Baby Gender Reveal Concept Illustration Footprints with Sea Inspired Design Traveling,Hiking,Camping,Full Queen,TV,Cabin 60 Wx60 L bluee and White
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
YMXLJF Portable stool Solid wood folding step stool, kitchen portable footstool, adult home step stool. Home bench (color B)
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.5pcs - 3.7V 680mAh Lipo Battery For Syma X5C, X5SW, X5SC, X5A, X5, X5C-1 & Cheerson CX-30W - Batteries Upgrade - Longer Flight Time
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.