SAVE THE DATES
TZOU LF609 WiFi FPV RC Drone Quadcopter with 0.3MP 2.0MP Camera Black 30W Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership Playing with fire of caveman (japan import) by Cavemen Playing with Fire
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman DaffodilFlannel blanketSummer Bouquet with purples PussWillows and Butterflies in Old Fashion Watering Cancouch Blanket 60 x36 Multi: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
color05 80 x60 SINOVAL London Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket Funny Cute Kids Boys Toy Double Decker Bus Transportation Cartoon Print Artwork Image£¬Multicolor, Vermilion Pale bluee Brown
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
Polar Lights 1 25 Scale 1966 Batmobile Snap Kit
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Plain color L26CMXW38CMXH42CM YH HY Washable Backrest Stool Small Sofa Change shoes Bench Mini Fabric Chair (color Plain color, Size L26CMXW38CMXH42CM)ZAOFENG Interlocking EVA Mat, Puzzle Tile Soft Foam Floor Mat Predection Floor Set Suitable,bluee60 60（4pcs）Magic the Gathering Steam Vents Guildpact by Magic the Gathering
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to email@example.com. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Star Trek III The Search for Spock Commander Kruge Bobble Head by Star Trek IIIOYLS Cute Girls Eyes Close Soft Silicone Vinyl Magnetic 22inch 55cm Handmade Reborn Baby DollsDolls World My Best FriendHello Fall II by Farida Zaman, 12x19Inch
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
FKYGDQ Anime Cartoon Game Character Model Statue Height 13cm Toy Crafts Decorations Gifts Collectibles Birthday Gifts Toy Statue (color White) Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Princess Palace Pets Royal Pet Salon Game
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Guest Book Journal Leather Freeport Ivory
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the Wen Zhe Anime Justice League Sea King MAF061 Atlantis Trident Movable Model Hand Game Model.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Pla J-20 railroad crossing curve (Japan import The package and the manual are written in Japanese)
- Yoko TSUGAWA N gauge 14042 Choshi Electric Railway Deki 3 electric locomotive Byugeru Specifications Body color with red Denshoku power
- Generic 50pcs Super Heroes Marvel dc Comics Model Cannonball X-Men Building Blocks Bricks Friends Hobby Toys for Boys PG213
- NFL San Francisco 49ers Touchdown Pro Bamboo Cutting Board 16-Inch
- Reborn Baby Doll Dolls Lifelike Rebirth Doll bluee Dress White Apron Silicone Vinyl Doll Realistic Girl Doll Toy
- Focke Wulf FW190D9 JG44 Aircraft 1 48 Tamiya
- Swarovski Crystals 1170449 Round Stones 1088 PP 14 AIR blueE OPAL F, 1440 Pieces
- Hedstrom Doc McStuffins Hopper by Hedstrom
- 3dpink qs_95398_7 Paper Birch Tree, Washington Arboretum, Seattle-US48 DGU0233-Darrell Gulin-Quilt Square, 18 by 18-Inch
- Farmerly Slipcovers 24 colors Sofa Cover Elastic Single Two Three Four-Seater Spandex Stretch Sofa Cover Funda Sofa Couch Cover 1pc color 10, 3 Seater
- Multi 2 Twin Feather Duvet Cover Set Twin Size, Faded Geometric Backdrop Nested Squares Mosaic Pattern Fluffy Wings Fly,Lightweight Microfiber Duvet Cover Sets, Black White Pale Grey
- O.S. Engines 21225400 Muffler Mount Screws 871 (2)
- Use4 Abstract Octopus Hipster Polyester Backpack School Travel Bag
- Dc Comics Dc Direct Batman Dark Knight Returns Action Figure Superman
- 436. Winter Wonderland Gorgeous Baby Grand Musical Piano With Bench - Over 400 Song Choices - Yellow Ribbon - SWISS
- Chess Set Magnetic Chess Pieces Foldable Chess Board Classic Deluxe Portable Board Game for Kids from 6 Years and Adults 39 x 39 Centimeter Made of Wooden
- Rear Cover (B) TT by Saito Engines
- Song hat x Hello Kitty mascot Kanjani Kimi [green] Okura Tadayoshi Eleven Limited (japan import)
- G.i. JOE Commemorative Collection Action T Air Force Fighter Pilot by G. I. Joe
- RuppertTextile Unicorn Living Room Sofa Hug Pillowcase Purple Kids Rainbow Without core W23 x L23
- Pattern14 W63 x L45 Beihai1Sun Kids Insulating Darkening Curtains Horizontally Striped Pattern with Brushstrokes Grunge and Weathered Look Curtain for Kids Room Pale bluee and Off White W63 x L45
- Generic Walkera Vitus 320-Z-37 Charger Spare Parts for Walkera Vitus 320 RC Quadcopter
- Masters Of The Universe Classics MOTU CASTASPELLA Figure by Masters of the Universe
- 7 Pacific Rim Kaiju Knifehead Ultra Deluxe Action Figure
- JTWJ Elephant Hall, shoes Bench, Creative Sofa Stool, Storage Stool, Stool, Storage Stool (color A)
- All-Inclusive Sofa Couch Cover Stretch Furniture Slipcover Elastic Slip-Resistant Sofa Cover Single Two Three Four-Seater 4, Two Seater
- MS Gundam Okawara - Set of 4 (2 -7.6cm Figures)
- Starkma 10pc Two Side Boys&Girls Superhero Cape Any color
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- Baoblaze 4x CW+CCW Motors Electrical Engine for RC Drone Quadcopter DIY Parts Silver, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Woodyland 104594081 Display of 6X2 Mugs Lumpin, White to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
Media Storehouse 1000 Piece Puzzle of Rubens Head of an Old Man K070005 (1209479)Carlos Alberto Signed 12x16 Photo Display 1970 Brazil Autograph Memorabilia +COA
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Complete Set Bundle Of All 5 Wrestling WWE Mattel Basics Series 81 Action Figures
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Infinity ( 259) Nomads Cassandra Kusanagi (Multi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Shock Ccw) (1)
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.