SAVE THE DATES
Trademark Fine Art Burgos I by Alan bluestein, Black Matte, Wood Frame, 11 X 11 Aug. 5, 2019: Deadline to nominate for the McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership DIY Oil Paint by Number Kit for Adults Beginner 16x20 Inch - Sunset Elephant Flamingo,Drawing with Brushes Living Room Decor Decorations Gifts (Framed)
Sept. 9-10, 2019: News Leaders Association Conference at New Orleans Marriott
Sept. 27, 2019: Milwaukee NewsTrain, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Oct. 18-19: Austin NewsTrain, hosted by GateHouse Media and the Austin American-Statesman Trademark Fine Art Astronaut Helmet: Albuquerque NewsTrain, hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association
Yu-Gi-Oh - Legendary Sword (LOB-040) - Legend of bluee Eyes White Dragon - 1s...
If you have news about news, news leaders or newsrooms you'd like to share, send details here.
NLA is now seeking nominations for the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership
The News Leaders Association is seeking nominations for the next recipient of the Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership, sponsored by the USA TODAY Network. We are looking for individuals or news organizations whose actions and work reflect a strong commitment to diversity in honor of the late Robert G. McGruder, a former Detroit Free Press executive editor and former managing editor of The Plain Dealer in Cleveland.
Nominees should be individuals or news organizations who have made a significant contribution to improving and promoting diversity for one or more years, both through retention and recruitment in their workplaces, as well as through news content.
KKXXYD 7 color Cute Changeable USB Led Night-Light Lamp Silicone Dog Shape Night Light for Home Living Room Decor Baby Bedroom
The Robert G. McGruder Award for Diversity Leadership has been co-sponsored by the American Society of News Editors and the Associated Press Media Editors, which are now the News Leaders Association, and is also sponsored generously by the USA TODAY Network.*
Barbie Fashion Fever Modern Trends Collection 12 Inch Tall Doll - Summer in Purple Top and bluee Jeans (K9809)Oncegod Baby Blanket Yoga Bears Meditating Posture Camping Throw,Office wrap 60 W x 51 LGuane Sugar Skull Decor Lightweight Blanket Different Types of Skulls Rich colorful Ornaments pinks Border Carnival Digital Printing Blanket 60 x50 Multicolor
Please submit your nominations by Aug. 5 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted nominations should include the name of the individual or organization, a brief explanation of why they're being nominated and a headshot or photo of the individual/organization.
To view the full press release, click here.
The Associated Press Media Editors has honored the photograph below as National Member Photo of the Month for March 2019.
Thanks to Spenser Heaps,deputy director of photography at the Deseret News, for judging this month.
Here is what the judge had to say about the winning image:
Trademark Fine Art Windermere by Allan Friedlander, 14x14F CAOYUSmall stool Armchairs Solid wood dining chair European style lounge chair Modern minimalist fabric restaurant chair Back Desk Chair (color C)Chaos Chaos TCG Booster Pack Total Eclipse BOX (japan import)DZXGY Cobra 3D NightLight Visual Illusion Lamp Bedroom Light Modern Decor Cool Lamp
Below is the link to all images entered for March and the winner is slide #14.
Amy Drennen, right, of Lordstown, Ohio, an employee at General Motors for 12 years, receives a hug from Pam Clark, as people gather in front of the General Motors assembly plant, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, in Lordstown, Ohio. It was the last day of the plant's Chevrolet Cruze production, a move that will eliminate nearly 1,700 hourly jobs and idle the plant. (Steph Chambers/Pittsburgh Post-Gazette via AP)
Register now for the 2019 NLA (ASNE-APME) Conference
How can newsroom leaders lead in times of urgency, while at the same time training the next generation and growing readers' trust? We'll focus on those questions and many more during the inaugural News Leaders Association Conference, Sept. 9-10 in New Orleans.
The Evolution of the Modern Editor
Leading in Times of Urgency
Managing the Next Generation
Being a Strategic Partner with the Community
News That's Driving Paid Subscribers
Growing Readers' Trust
Executing the Big Project - On Time and on Budget
Trampoline Foldable Fitness Exercise Bouncer Lean Aerobic Sports Jumping Mat Safe Garden Bouncing Bed Elasticity Lose Weigh Slimming Preparing Your Audience for the 2020 Election and Census
The Future of the Opinion Page
In addition to our fantastic program, Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh from Trusting News and the Poynter Institute, will be offering a workshop from 1-5pm on Sunday, Sept. 8 before the NLA conference. The workshop, "How any journalist can earn trust," will center on how to stop thinking of distrust in journalism as an unsolvable, big-picture problem. This is a great opportunity to learn how to address a very serious concern faced in our industry.
In addition to the Poynter workshop before our conference, we are also working with the Knight Foundation to offer a workshop from the coaches and news leaders with the Knight-Lenfest Newsroom Initiative, also known as the Table Stakes program. The workshop will be Wednesday, Sept. 11 and will share lessons and tools for leading effective digital transformation in your newsroom.
To register for these additional workshops, visit ASNE's online store select one or both workshops.
New Orleans is also a city you want to explore. Plan to spend two full days this fall in a city filled with festive spirit, renowned for vibrant live music, spicy cuisine and round-the-clock nightlife. While you're in New Orleans for the NLA conference, you might want to check out some of the fun events going on around town, Deep Woods Green Pine Trees -- 1 2 to 2 1.3 to 5.1cm pkg(6)
Register for the 2019 NLA Conference now HERE
The registration fee is $275 for members of ASNE and APME and $375 for nonmembers.
Bike Pouch Phone Holder, Bike Bag Pouch, Bike Frame Bag Cycling Pannier Top Tube Waterproof Handlebar Bags, Bicycle Bag Touch Screen for Smart Phone Below 6 inch
Lunch tickets are not included in the price of registration. Don't forget to purchase Monday and Tuesday lunch tickets during registration. If you did not purchase lunch tickets at the time of registration, then you can do so through the DOUERDOUYUU Exquisite bookcase Bookshelf floor rack simple student creative bookshelf multi-function living room locker Steady.
If you can't attend the entire convention, then register for individual days for $150 (members) or $200 (nonmembers) per day on Monday and Tuesday.
If you are a student, then you can register for only $50.
And don't forget to register your spouse/companion!
Book your hotel HERE
A terrific group rate is available at the New Orleans Marriott for $179 per night. To book a room, click here or call 504-581-1000 and mention the ASNE-APME event.
Don't miss the 2019 fall NewsTrains
- Yellow Haedr Baby Head and Back Predection Pad Predection Pad, Suitable for Baby To Learn To Walk or Run Anti-fall Head Pad (color Red)
- Great Planes Landing Gear Giant Scale Waco ARF Vehicle Part
- RENJUN Car Model Car 1 18 Ford 1950 Simulation Alloy Die-casting Toy Jewelry Sports Car Collection Jewelry 28.5x10x8.8CM car model
- Games Workshop Kill Team Commander Gitzog Wurldkilla
- Ligretto bluee Set by Playroom Entertainment
- Starting Lineup 1996 Edition Cal Ripken Jr 1996 Great Western Convention by Kenner
- Karaokerankinpahti Disney Dream Hit Song
- 20ft (6M) DisplayPort Cable Male to Male by ADDON MEMORY UPGRADES
- (12) - North Star Teacher Resource NST9010 Alphabet Lines Modern Manuscript
- Modern Sofa Cover for Furniture Armchairs Fashion Slipcover Dust-Proof Home Office Hotel Decoration Sofa Covers 3, Single Seater
- USOPHIA Lightweight Blanket 49x59inch Jellyfish Artsy Ocean Animal Print Super Soft Flannel Velvet Plush Throw Blanket
- Stockard Channing Signed 10x8 Framed Photo Display Grease Autograph Memorabilia
- 10 Days in Beautiful Africa SW
- Tuwba Paint by Numbers Adult Kit Day and Night Tree Scenery Beginner Acrylic On Canvas,Framed 40X50Cm
- Great White Shark Jaws School Backpack For Boys, Girls, Kids
- color01 60 Wx80 L WinfreyDecor Sports Warm Blanket Pop Art Gridiron with Old Fashioned Visual Properties Throwing Man Print Home, Couch, Outdoor, Travel Use 60 Wx60 L orange bluee Azure bluee
- Beautiful Peach Watercolour Flowers Personalised Wedding Stationery Thank You Cards
- Anzhutwelve Mushroom,Drapery Fairy Elf on a Mushroom 42 X63 Picture Print Decor Curtains
- 1 24th Landscaping Service 14pc Set by Hobby Gear
- F4 Nano Flight Controller OSD 6DOF 5V BEC Module for Drone FPV Quadcopter
- TY Beanie Boo Plush - Crawly the Spider (Black)
- Billie Piper Signed Photo Framed 16x12 Doctor Who Autograph Memorabilia COA
- Slugterra SERIES 3 Mini Figure 2-Pack Hop Jack & bluester [Includes Code for Exclusive Game Items] by Slugterra Toys, Games & Dart Mini Action Figures
- Hi-kara Hi-kara downloader Pack (japan import)
- Belagio Enterprises Dimensional Venise Lace Trim, Ivory
- Venom 6v 5000mAh 5-Cell Hump Receiver NiMH Battery for HPI Baja x2 Packs
- Beautiful pink Flower Printing Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Elastic Sofa Towel Furniture Slipcover Slipcover 1PC 22, 3 seat
- Folkmanis Puppets Small Snowy Owl Hand Puppet
- Sept. 27 in Milwaukee, hosted by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Oct. 18-19 in Austin, Texas, hosted by GateHouse Media LLC and the Austin American-Statesman.
- MS IN ACTION GF13-013NR Bolt Gundam (japan import), hosted by the University of New Mexico in conjunction with the New Mexico Press Association Convention.
Trademark Fine Art ALI36870-C1414GG J Hovenstine Studios Wall Decor, Multicolor to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2019 workshops.
Questions? Email Yu-Gi-Oh TDGS-EN005 Unlimited Ed Shield Warrior Rare Card - ( The Duelist Genesis YuGiOh Single Card ) by Yu Gi Oh or Laura Sellers, NewsTrain project co-directors.
Editors on call
Would you like some advice from an experienced newsroom leader?
APME has put together a list of on-call editors willing to offer you strategic and practical advice on nearly two dozen different topics, from ethics to legal issues, to digital best practices, to upfront story coaching and newsroom budgeting.
DIY Oil Painting Paint by Number Kit for Adult Kids - Painted,Purple Flowers,16X20 InchDINJUEN 3-step folding ladder aluminum home small ladder stool multifunctional indoor stairs Utility stool
The members of APME bring decades of journalism experience to the table.
Throw Blanket，Heels and Dresses,Shopping Themed Doodle Items Princess Beauty Hearts and Stars Girls Room,Multicolor,Sofa Super Soft, Plush, Fuzzy Microfiber Throw Reversible,Comfy 35 x60
Now we want to broaden the circle and help develop newsroom leaders from coast to coast to strengthen journalism for all. You don’t need to be a member of APME; we’re here to help everyone.
APME: Lead. Nurture. Innovate.Fityle 1 6 Scale Doll ABS Resin BJD Girl Doll in Pink Dress with Display Stand Holder Hand Group
The APME Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 1988 to receive tax-exempt gifts to carry out educational projects for the advancement of newspaper journalism. Every year since 1994 an auction has been held at the annual conference to benefit the foundation. Proceeds help support NewsTrain, a regional, low-cost training opportunity around the country and other practical education tools promoting the First Amendment, innovation and diversity in newsrooms.